Welcome to St.Helens Council's Job Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. Completed forms will be submitted automatically to the appropriate team for processing and you will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
Life Beyond Work
With its mix of glorious countryside covering 55% of the Borough, quality culture and entertainment and first-class sport, St.Helens has something for everyone.
Located at the heart of England’s North West - midway between the cosmopolitan cities of Liverpool and Manchester, and within a 90-minute drive of the Lake District. St.Helens has a varied and growing affordable residential offer, ranging from town centre apartments to urban villages and rural located executive and family homes. Schools in the Borough obtain strong exam results and are experiencing year on year increases in performance. In short, St.Helens offers a quality of life that few locations can.
Working for St.Helens Council
- We are a strong, resilient Council, that respects and values the individuality and diversity that every employee brings to the Council.
- We seek to create a positive, open and working environment.
- Attractive salary and relocation package
- Excellent pension scheme
- Essential Car User allowance is available subject to criteria being met
Working for People’s Services
We have recently concluded a transformational review of our Department and are looking for a skilled and experienced Early Help Workers to ensure that the children and young people in St Helens achieve the best outcomes. We are recruiting to a number of permanent Early Help Worker posts.
To support these posts you will:
- Work within a multi agency team supported by dedicated Family Intervention Workers.
- Working from a community base with car parking facilities.
- Be provided with a laptop and mobile phone to make flexible working easier
- Have a training programme linked to career progression and leadership
The successful applicant will:
- Be committed to continuous professional development and practice improvement
- Possess strong communication skills
- Have demonstrable experience of delivering high quality services with positive outcomes
- Have excellent assessment skills
- Have experience of partnership working and an understanding of St Helen's Descriptions of Need
- Have experience of working with children and families
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.