Welcome to St.Helens Council's Job Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. Completed forms will be submitted automatically to the appropriate team for processing and you will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
St Helens Adult and Community Learning deliver adult learning opportunities in a range of venues across the borough.
In response to growing needs, we are looking to appoint experienced tutors to deliver both ESOL and Functional Skills English and Maths to adult groups.
We are also looking to recruit experienced tutors to deliver different units within the Teaching Assistant programme and carry out assessment visits within the school environment.
· ESOL provision ranges from Pre-Entry to Level One, both accredited and non-accredited.
· Functional Skills English & Maths provision ranges from Entry One to Level 2, both accredited and non-accredited.
. The learners attending the Teaching Assistant Programme work toward achieving a Level 2 certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning. The course also includes a placement and requires observation visits to school.
We would like to hear from candidates who:
· Are suitably qualified.
· Are committed to providing the best service possible.
· Want to be part of a small, supportive team.
· Are committed to equality and diversity.
· Can offer 3 – 9 hours a week.
For an informal discussion on ESOL, FS English & FS Maths please contact Dawn Sweeney on 01744 677400 or Teaching Assistant Lynn Thomson on 01744 677312 (Mon - Wed).
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.