Welcome to St.Helens Council's Job Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. Completed forms will be submitted automatically to the appropriate team for processing and you will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
We are currently recruiting for Temporary and Permanent Social Workers
Life Beyond Work
With its mix of glorious countryside covering 55% of the Borough, quality culture and entertainment and first-class sport, St.Helens has something for everyone.
Located at the heart of England’s North West - midway between the cosmopolitan cities of Liverpool and Manchester, and within a 90-minute drive of the Lake District. St.Helens has a varied and growing affordable residential offer, ranging from town centre apartments to urban villages and rural located executive and family homes. Schools in the Borough obtain strong exam results and are experiencing year on year increases in performance. In short, St.Helens offers a quality of life that few locations can.
Working for St.Helens Council
* We are a strong, resilient Council, that respects and values the individuality and diversity that every employee brings to the Council.
* We seek to create a positive, open and working environment.
* Awarded Investors in People Gold Status
* Attractive salary and relocation package
* Excellent pension scheme
* Essential car user allowance and free car parking
We welcome applications from newly qualified Social Workers and will provide you with a structured programme of training, mentoring and support. In addition, during your assessed and supported year of employment (ASYE) we offer a reduced and protected caseload and additional reflective supervision.
You will be given plenty of opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and practice whilst ensuring we maintain the highest safeguarding standards and quality.
Working for People's Services
Children’s Services was recently subject to inspection by Ofsted who judged that overall services ‘required improvement’ but with some significant areas of strength. Ofsted noted that:
* Our workforce strategy and supervision arrangements are of good quality
* There is a solid offer of support for newly qualified social workers and those in the first year of qualification
* There is a comprehensive training and development programme to support qualified social workers
* Social workers feel secure and supported in their decision making
The service has embarked on a wide range of improvement work to improve outcomes for children and families.
You will work to help support the effective and timely delivery of appropriate intervention and support services to children and their families within our Assessment Teams.
The successful applicant will:
* Be committed to continuous professional development and practice improvement
* Possess good analytical, assessment and planning skills
* Have the ability to engage children and families
* Have the ability to effectively engage other professionals
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure and HCPC Registration
Interviews will take place on Thursday 16th March 2017.
NB - IF YOU HAVE SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION FOR A SOCIAL WORKER POSITION WITH ST HELENS WITHIN THE PAST THREE MONTHS PLEASE DO NOT REAPPLY AT THIS TIME
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.