Welcome to St.Helens Council's Job Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. Completed forms will be submitted automatically to the appropriate team for processing and you will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
St Helens Youth Service is looking to recruit a Youth and Play Worker to deliver a quality service to children and young people aged between 5 and 17 years and up to 25 years within a Universal setting.
Interested candidates should have a clear understanding of the current issues effecting children and young people, and will be expected to work various hours on an evening between 16:00 – 21:30pm in a variety of youth work and play settings in line with service requirements.
The main duties will include the following:
· Work across a variety of delivery points whilst ensuring the promotion of equality, participation, inclusion and citizenship;
· Build relationships with children and young people, which enables them to explore and understand their experiences;
· Facilitate young people’s learning and their personal and social development
· Work as part of a team to create a safe and enjoyable environment for all ages
· Work effectively with groups of children and young people in a variety of settings;
· Deliver a curriculum of activities as set out for individual provisions;
· Comply with the Council’s Comprehensive Equality Policy and Human Resource policies;
For an informal discussion please contact Matthew Cunliffe on 01744 675643
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.