Welcome to St.Helens Council's Job Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. Completed forms will be submitted automatically to the appropriate team for processing and you will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
Life Beyond Work
With its mix of glorious countryside covering 55% of the Borough, quality culture and entertainment and first-class sport, St.Helens has something for everyone.
Located at the heart of England’s North West - midway between the cosmopolitan cities of Liverpool and Manchester, and within a 90-minute drive of the Lake District. St.Helens has a varied and growing affordable residential offer, ranging from town centre apartments to urban villages and rural located executive and family homes. Schools in the Borough obtain strong exam results and are experiencing year on year increases in performance. In short, St.Helens offers a quality of life that few locations can.
Working for St.Helens Council
- We are a strong, resilient Council, that respects and values the individuality and diversity that every employee brings to the Council.
- We seek to create a positive, open and working environment.
- Attractive salary and relocation package
- Excellent pension scheme
- Essential car user allowance is available subject to criteria being met
- Free car parking
Working for People’s Services.
We have recently concluded a transformational review of our Department and have expanded and supported our Early Help Services by the creation of Advanced Practitioner posts. We are looking for skilled and experienced candidates for the Advanced Practitioner posts to ensure that the children and young people in St Helens achieve the best outcomes.
The current vacancy of Advanced Practitioner for Early Help is based with the Early Help Team within Children's Centres.
Please indicate on your application form which team you are applying for.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an effective practitioner with at least 3 years experience post qualification
- Be committed to continuous professional development and practice improvement
- Possess strong communication and leadership skills
- Have demonstrable experience of delivering high quality services with positive outcomes
- Have experience in complex social work with children and families
- A commitment to providing effective early help
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and
expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure and HCPC Registration.
For an informal discussion please contact Vicky Velasco - Early Help Service Manager on 01744 671249.
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.