Welcome to St.Helens Council's Job Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. Completed forms will be submitted automatically to the appropriate team for processing and you will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
The Council invites applications from experienced Senior Social Workers who want to be part of the team, to lead a period of change and improvement to meet the challenges ahead as we work to improve outcomes for children and families.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced, skilled and enthusiastic Team Manager for the Social Work Assessment Team.
We would like to hear from you if you have:-
· At least 3 years post qualifying experience in a children’s services statutory setting
- A commitment and passion to develop and improve services
- Excellent management and leadership skills
· Experience of supervising qualified/ qualifying social workers
· An excellent understanding and experience of relevant legislation
· Experience of working within a multi-agency framework
· A commitment to anti-oppressive and anti-discriminatory practice
We will provide you with:-
· Regular supervision
· Access to management training and development
· A caseload weighting system
· Up to 30 days annual leave
· Excellent induction, supervision and appraisal systems
· Excellent pension scheme
· Relocation package
. £4,000 recruitment and retention allowance
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure and HCPC Registration
For an informal discussion, please contact Elaine Newcombe - Head of Service, Social Work Assessment on 01744 675634.
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.