Welcome to St.Helens Council's Job Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. Completed forms will be submitted automatically to the appropriate team for processing and you will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
We have an immediate vacancy for a highly motivated individual who wants to play a key part in the delivery of customer services to the residents of the borough, as an experienced Revenues and Benefits Customer Services Officer.
The post holder will be based within our Contact Centre Revenues & Benefits Team, in a frontline role responsible for the delivery of Benefits and Council Tax advice to our residents, located in our town centre based contact centre.
We are looking for an individual with skills and experience as follows:
· At least 2 years experience working with a Local Authority Revenues and Benefits Section or
· Excellent understanding of Housing Benefit and Council Tax legislation.
· Experience of working within a customer-focused front-line service, preferably in Local Government
· Good telephone and communication skills
· The ability to deliver high quality, customer focused advice
· Experience of Academy / Anite IT systems
· Good problem solving and decision making skills
NVQ level 3 Customer Care is desirable, although not essential with experience as stated above.
Closing Date - 23rd January 2017
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.