Welcome to St.Helens Council's School Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. You will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
Hours: Mon – Fri - 7am – 11.30am and 2.35pm – 5.35pm
Flexibility is vital in order to meet the requirements of the school.
Hours apply during term time and school holiday periods.
Post holder will be entitled to 23 days holiday during designated school holiday periods.
We are looking to appoint a hard-working, honest, dependable, self-motivated person who will provide a key role in maintaining our school site, to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Overall security of the school premises
· Compliance with all safeguarding policies and procedures
· The main point of contact in an emergency call out situation
· Returning to school between shifts
· Upkeep and general care of the school including any necessary cleaning internal and external
· Ability to carry out minor repairs
· General porterage duties and moving of furniture
· Carry out and record necessary checks and maintain Health and Safety records
· Undertake duties in relation to fire safety and maintenance
· Ensuring site safety during inclement weather
· Supporting the maintenance of property and grounds including liaising with contractors
· Monitor site stock and order supplies
· Report to Governors termly on Health and Safety matters
· Understand and implement systems to ensure the schools energy is efficiently managed
· Facilitate lettings as required – sometimes during the weekend/evenings when attendance and
securing of the site will be expected
· Comply with all St Helens Council Health and Safety requirements
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
Closing date Monday 3rd June, 2019. Shortlisting will take place by the 10th June, 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone following this to arrange an interview time. Interviews will consist of a written task and a formal interview.
Use the Job Applications Portal to apply online for jobs.
If you are unable to open any of the files listed above please download the relevant software from the following links...
If you cannot apply on-line or print the documents and you would like an application pack sent to you contact:
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.