Welcome to St.Helens Council's School Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. You will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for EYFS and KS1
Due to the promotion of a skilful, dedicated and long-serving member of staff, the children, parents, staff and governors of St. Peter’s would like to appoint an inspirational, motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Senior Leadership Team from September 2019.
This is an excellent opportunity for ongoing career development, working in partnership with the head teacher, governors, deputy head teacher, teachers and support staff in this caring, forward-thinking Church of England school.
You will be:
· An outstanding classroom practitioner with experience of Key Stage 1 and EYFS with high expectations of all
· Passionate about teaching and learning with varied teaching experience and committed to high standards of achievement across the curriculum
· A practising Christian and have a clear vision for the Anglican faith in our school
· Able to motivate, lead and support others
· Able to use your own initiative as you take a lead role in curriculum and staff development
· A leader of a core area of learning or of the curriculum
· Have experience in whole school assessment and outcomes
· Knowledgeable about school self evaluation
We will offer you:
· A positive, happy, caring Christian ethos
· Enthusiastic, well behaved and hard-working pupils with supportive parents
· A welcoming and helpful staff team and Governing Body
· A high level of support, including additional leadership time towards fulfilment of the role
· A commitment to your professional development as a future leader
· A high quality and well maintained learning environment
· Committed, hard-working colleagues, who work as a team.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
· We would like our new Assistant Head Teacher to focus, in the first instance, on the development of our Early Years Foundation Stage. The Assistant Head does not need to be EYFS trained, however experience and an excellent working knowledge of EYFS and Key Stage 1 is essential. Depending on skills and experience the new candidate brings, the post holder will also lead on a core subject. It will also be expected for the post holder to run school councils and take whole school acts of worship as and when required. Other responsibilities may be undertaken as and when the Head teacher requires including attendance to school and PTA events and meetings outside of normal school hours.
· In the first term of the post, the Assistant Head Teacher will be moved to Acting Deputy Head Teacher to cover maternity leave. You will be supported in this short term role.
We would be delighted if you would like to make an informal visit to school. Please contact the Business Manager, Lisa Blackledge, at the school on 01744 678630 if you wish to do so.
Closing date: Friday, 26th April 2019 (noon)
Shortlisting: Thursday, 1st May 2019
Tour of school: Wednesday, 24th April 2019 at 4.00 pm (Individual appointments may be made if required)
Observations: From Tuesday, 7th May 2019 onwards
Interviews: Tuesday, 21st May 2019 and Thursday, 23 May 2019
Employees of St. Peter’s have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate, medical and immigration checks.
Application forms are available online and returnable to (please mark the envelope PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL):
Mr Paul Robinson St. Peter’s C.E. Primary School, Birley Street, Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside WA12 9UR by noon on Friday, 26th April 2019. Tel: 01744 678630; email: email@example.com.
Use the Job Applications Portal to apply online for jobs.
If you are unable to open any of the files listed above please download the relevant software from the following links...
If you cannot apply on-line or print the documents and you would like an application pack sent to you contact:
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.