Welcome to St.Helens Council's School Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. You will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
Sherdley Primary School are looking to appoint an experienced and well qualified Sports Coach - temporary for 1-year, subject to sports funding.
3 full days per week 8:00am-4:20pm (total 22hrs), term time plus Inset Days (pro-rata).
Position to commence Tuesday 23rd April 2019, possibly sooner if possible.
Remuneration: Scale point 22-25, pro rata
The role of Sports Coach is ideally suited to an experienced professional from within the education sector or a sports coach with experience of primary school age coaching.
Daily duties include the supervision of whole classes for PE, managing support staff when appropriate, implement, plan and assess the agreed scheme of work and positively manage pupil behaviour as well as assisting pupils' in relevant activities. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the delivery of daily extra-curricular sports clubs.
The successful candidate will have some responsible for teaching and assessing PE across both Key Stages, as well as supporting the coaching and organisation of competitive sporting events.
The successful Sports Coach will have recent experience in either school or coaching/tutoring children. You should be resourceful and capable of encouraging pupils' to reach their full potential whilst maintaining the schools’ successful vision.
The position will be a fixed-term contract for one year, subject to a review of the sports funding/school budget and staffing structure.
We can offer you:
· Enthusiastic, caring and happy children who are keen to learn
· A strong, shared vision for school
· Opportunities for personal and professional development
· A supportive, hardworking and creative team of staff and governors, committed to promoting high achievement for all learners
· A warm and welcoming environment
· The opportunity to participate in exciting collaborations with other schools
The successful candidate will:
· Develop and lead sports activities in school
· Commit to strengthening the school’s sports programme
· Teach engaging motivating lessons
· Commit to the highest standards of learning and behaviour
· Work in partnership with our whole school community
· Possess energy, enthusiasm and passion
· Committed to offering a varied range of extra-curricular clubs, before, during and after school
· Be able to support teachers subject knowledge
· Hold a variety of coaching qualifications
Potential candidates are encouraged to visit school and discuss the role further. Please contact he school direct to arrange a visit (01744 678683).
This post is subject to a satisfactory criminal records bureau (CRB) enhanced disclosure certificate.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For an application form and further details, please contact HR Dept, Town Hall, Victoria Square, Corporation Street, St Helens.
Completed application forms should be returned to the school marked for the attention of the Headteacher.
Deadline: Friday 22nd March, midday
Shortlisting: Week commencing Monday 25th March
Interviews: Week commencing 1st April 2019
Use the Job Applications Portal to apply online for jobs.
If you are unable to open any of the files listed above please download the relevant software from the following links...
If you cannot apply on-line or print the documents and you would like an application pack sent to you contact:
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.