Welcome to St.Helens Council's School Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. You will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
“Pupils take full advantage of the opportunities the school provides for their personal support and development and they have a good sense of belonging.” (Section 48 RE Inspection, March 2019)
Required from September 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
The Governors of St John Vianney Catholic Primary School would be delighted to appoint a practising Catholic to our single form entry school who can demonstrate the highest standards, qualities, attributes, skills and dedication needed to work alongside the Headteacher, Governors and all stakeholders to help move the school community forward in the coming years.
This appointment will include a teaching role, but will also be focussed on raising attainment and working in close partnership with the Leadership Team.
We are seeking a person who:
· Has a strong Catholic Faith.
· A clear understanding of leadership within Catholic education.
· A strategic leader who can provide leadership of a high quality in the academic, pastoral and management fields and be able to show evidence of the successful implementation of change.
· Has the leadership qualities needed to work with the Headteacher in order to inspire, challenge and encourage staff to achieve the best outcomes for pupils.
· Is a team player and is able to work in collaboration with the leadership team and has the ability and ambition to raise standards, moving the school to outstanding.
· Has excellent interpersonal, intercommunication, organisational and pastoral skills
· Will continue to develop collaborative partnerships with Parents, the Parish and the wider community.
We are able to offer:
· A dedicated and proactive Governing Body who hold the children at the heart of everything they do
· Working in partnership with an enthusiastic Head teacher, Leadership Team and Governors
· A proactive and developing school, committed to raising standards in all areas and who embrace change
· Children who are happy, enjoy learning and welcome new challenges
We can offer you the chance to make a huge difference to all our pupils and staff within a friendly and supportive environment where we all strive to live, love, learn and grow together with Jesus.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by appointment with the Head teacher.
Applications must be made on the CES application form, which can be found below or alternatively by contacting Human Resources on the number below. Please note applicants can not apply using the online application form.
St. John Vianney Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and health clearance by the Local Authority Occupational Health provider. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing Date: Thursday 2nd May 2019
Shortlisting: Tuesday 7th May
Observations: (to be arranged)
Interviews: Wednesday 22nd May
Complete the Catholic Education Service application form, using this link.
If you are unable to open any of the files listed above please download the relevant software from the following links...
If you would like an application pack sent to you contact:
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
An official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.