Welcome to St.Helens Council's School Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. You will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
The Governors of this successful school wish to appoint a highly effective teaching assistant to support children in EYFS/KS1 and, or, KS2. The successful candidate should be able to work within a team of teachers and other learning assistants, be flexible and willing to learn new skills to help support the pupils in their care.
The duties will include the following:
· Supporting pupils within classes, including those with Special Educational Needs.
· Supporting individual children or small groups of pupils with literacy and numeracy interventions
· Supporting teaching staff in terms of administration and display work, including record keeping.
· Supervision of pupils and promotion of good behaviour
· Establishing positive relationships with parents/carers
· Contributing to the ethos of the school, and supporting extra-curricular activities and events.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
Previous applicants need not apply.
When applying for this vacancy, you have the following options
Applications can be made online via the job application portal at www.sthelens.gov.uk or by contacting HR Department via the details below.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in full.
Closing Date: Thursday 28 February 2019
Use the Job Applications Portal to apply online for jobs.
If you are unable to open any of the files listed above please download the relevant software from the following links...
If you cannot apply on-line or print the documents and you would like an application pack sent to you contact:
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.