Welcome to St.Helens Council's School Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. You will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
Required for September 2019:
St Thomas of Canterbury, an outstanding Catholic primary school, seeks to employ an experienced and enthusiastic class teacher, with SENDCo responsibilities who will become a key member of the SLT.
The school are looking for a committed and passionate middle leader, who is an excellent classroom practitioner and has a SENDCo qualification, or has an interest in SEND and is ready to step up and undertake the training for the SENDCo qualification.
The successful candidate will:
· Believe they can make the difference
· Be supportive of the inclusive ethos of the school
· Have the highest expectations of achievement and behaviour
· Be able to enthuse and motivate children
· Be able to demonstrate that they are a creative and highly effective classroom teacher
· Have the ability to create a stimulating learning environment
· Be committed to raising standards
· Be flexible and hard-working
· Be sensitive to the needs of our children and families
· Have a knowledge and understanding of the SENDCo role and responsibilities
We can offer you:
· A committed, caring and well-motivated staff team
· Wonderful children who enjoy school and are always eager to learn
· Support and opportunities to develop professionally
Visits to the school are welcomed. If you would like to visit our school please contact the school office on 01744 621380 to book an appointment.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
Visits to the school: Tuesday, 9th April at 3.45 pm
Closing Date: Tuesday, 23rd April @ 12 Noon
Shortlisting: 29th April 2019
Observation/Interview: 2nd May 2019
Use the Job Applications Portal to apply online for jobs.
If you are unable to open any of the files listed above please download the relevant software from the following links...
If you cannot apply on-line or print the documents and you would like an application pack sent to you contact:
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
The Council's official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.