Welcome to St.Helens Council's School Vacancies. Please follow the instructions on each individual form to complete your application. You will be notified should your application proceed to interview.
Required for September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Number on roll 205 (plus 24 in PVI nursery)
The Governing Body of St Thomas of Canterbury RC Primary School wish to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and ambitious Headteacher who will strive for excellence with our children and staff.
The Governors are looking to appoint an inspirational Headteacher with the vision, experience and creativity to build on our school’s successes and lead us in striving for continuous improvement. With the support of a strong and dedicated staff and successful, highly engaged children, this is a unique opportunity for a dynamic leader seeking to develop excellence and maintain the school’s outstanding status.
A warm, vibrant and highly successful Catholic primary school, St Thomas of Canterbury serves a strong, supportive community with family and faith at its heart. Governors are looking to appoint a highly motivated Headteacher with a proven track record of effective leadership who is committed to enabling each of our children to reach their full potential.
We are looking for somebody who:
· is a committed and practising Catholic who can further develop the outstanding Catholic identify and ethos of our school.
· is a dedicated practitioner with significant previous experience of improving and sustaining high standards of learning and teaching within the primary age range.
· will provide strong, progressive leadership that is both ambitious and compassionate
· shows commitment to staff empowerment and development, supporting them to deliver dynamic quality-first teaching.
· can continue to build successful relationships with parents and carers, supporting a culture of engagement and inclusivity.
· can continue to develop strong links with the Parish and wider community.
· can, though data analysis and evaluation, confidently assess the progress and attainment of all cohorts.
· is an effective communicator whose interactions with school stakeholders are defined by openness and positivity.
· will embrace and encourage the kindness, vibrancy and inquisitive nature of our children, reflecting this with pride when they represent our school..
St Thomas of Canterbury is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK. The post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact Carol Brownbill, School Business Manager on 01744 621380. Application forms and further details are available from www.sthelens.gov.uk.
Applications must be made on the CES application form, which can be found below or alternatively by contacting Human Resources on the number below. Please note applicants can not apply using the online application form.
Closing date: Thursday 2 May 2019 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Thursday 9 May 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 22 May 2019 and Thursday 23 May 2019
Complete the Catholic Education Service application form, using this link.
If you are unable to open any of the files listed above please download the relevant software from the following links...
If you would like an application pack sent to you contact:
When requesting an application form please state your name, your address, the job you are interested in and the job reference number.
An official job application form must be completed in all cases. CVs should not be submitted as a replacement.